The Berkeley Climate Change Network (BCCN) helps to advance climate research, education and impact at UC Berkeley and Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. The BCCN is a convener, connector and informant for faculty, staff and students to accelerate campus action to cut carbon pollution and build a more resilient and equitable planet. BCCN operates through four primary channels:
- Bringing together 300+ faculty and staff researchers for inter-disciplinary climate projects that produce actionable research.
- Working with development staff to identify climate funding opportunities and secure grants, donations and other resources.
- Building stronger partnerships between Berkeley academics and off-campus climate leaders from government, community-based organizations and the private sector.
- Expanding climate-related educational activities on campus in partnership with the Berkeley Energy & Resources Collaborative (BERC), the Student Environmental Resource Center (SERC) and other student-led organizations.
For the 22-23 school year, BCCN is funded by the Vice Chancellor for Research, nine College Deans and Lawrence Berkeley Lab.
- Adrian Hill, Computing, Data Science and Society
- Andrew Campbell, Energy Institute @Haas
- Bill Collins, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
- Carl Blumstein, CITRIS/CIEE
- Clair Brown, Department of Economics
- Danielle Rivera, College of Environmental Design
- David Ackerly, Rausser College of Natural Resources
- David Wooley, Center for Environmental Public Policy
- Ethan Miller, Berkeley Energy and Resources Collaborative
- Gail Brager, Center for Built Environment
- Justin Remais, School of Public Health
- Ken Alex, Project Climate
- Kira Stoll, Office of Sustainability
- Kristina Hill, College of Environmental Design
- Linda Rugg, Associate Vice Chancellor for Research
- Louise Bedsworth, Center for Law, Energy and Environment
- Mark Stacey, College of Engineering
- Melinda Kliegman, Innovative Genomics Institute
- Michele DeNevers, Haas School of Business
- Peter Nico, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
- Richard Diamond, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
- Robert Dickinson, Argos Analytics, LLC
- Sharon Daraphonhdeth, Student Environmental Resource Center
- Steve Weissman, Goldman School of Public Policy
Bruce Riordan, Director